Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Vegan?

So I am reading The Kind Diet and really considering taking the challenge to become completely vegan. I have been flirting with this idea for quite a while now. We do try to eat only antibiotic and hormone free meat but I do think I still feel sluggish quite a bit and my skin doesn't look tip top. So maybe it is time to give up meat, dairy, and white sugar for good.

Are any of you other runners vegan? How has it affected your running? How has it affected your general health? If you have children do they follow vegan diets? Thoughts are much appreciated!

2 comments:

  1. Vegan now for just more than 2 years after having been big time meat-eater for almost 55 years... My running is just as good (better even) than before, except for non-diet related knee injury. Otherwise huge improvement in general health (weight, skin, sleep, blood sugar, cholesterol, and several others). I have the blood pressure of a 20-something year old. So I would say go for it! Must haves: a large pressure cooker (Kuhn-Rikon) for the beans, chickpeas & brown rice & for super quick potatoes, squash, sweet potato etc. Also Veganomicon and 1000 Vegan Recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I would say try it. Commit yourself to try it for a month and see how it works out. I am doing that with becoming vegetarian..

    Cant wait to see the progress.

    ReplyDelete