Monday, July 26, 2010

Sweaty Saturday

I was supposed to run 12 miles Saturday. I woke up at 6:15 AM and really felt like I could easily keep sleeping. However, I knew a bunch of runners running for Team World Vision would be meeting at the Y at 7 so obviously I should go, because there is Power in People!

I got there and ran faster than normal thanks to a 65 year old man who pushed me for 5 miles. I had very mixed emotions about running with him. Loved the company and getting to know someone and hear their story through running was exciting. Depressed that he was 40 years older than me and I thought he was trying to kill me. I was anxious knowing he only planned to run 5-6 miles for that point in our run to come so I could slow down! Yet, worried if I could finish the last half alone.

So after 5 miles he left and I took a quick water/potty break. I ran the rest of the 7 and felt pretty good and wanted to go ahead and run another 1.1 to see if I'd be close to my mini time. It wasn't record breaking but I did beat it by 3 minutes and I felt great. I really felt like I could have done 15 miles, but I didn't want to kill myself. After I was done I was dripping! My shorts felt like wet swim trunks just sticking to me. I really thought that passerby's had to think I was standing there peeing on myself. Which I was NOT! All in all I give myself an A for effort and thought the day was successful!

1 comment:

  1. You and me both - Saturday was a super sweaty day!

    And I've had 70 year olds beat me in races. It hurts, huh? :)

    ReplyDelete