Thursday, March 4, 2010

How it all came to be

In November 2009 after reaching an all time high for my weight 166lbs (scary to be this authentic!) I decided to start working to lose weight. I realized this had to be a lifestyle change so I began working out 5 days a week and logging my calories on livestrong.com. I was having great success but knew I had to set a tangible goal. So the goal became to be at a all time record low of 145lbs. I cannot ever in my life remember being under 150.

On January 1, 2010 I decided the goal needed to turn into a New Year's resolution to accomplish by my daughter's second birthday on March 31, 2o1o. I realized I couldn't keep using my pregnancy as a reason for the extra weight from 2 years ago!

January 8th, 2010 I decided to begin training for the Indy Mini Marathon and give my husband the time to focus on school work. So I will be taking his place on May 8th, 2010. New goal is to beat his time from last year which was 3hrs. 36min! (what I am competitive).

Present Day (March 4, 2010)
I ran 3.04 miles in 30 minutes on Tuesday! A huge success for me. To give you an idea of the accomplishment last May I ran a 5K in 43min. So we are talking nearly 13 minutes cut off my time. I currently weigh 147lbs a record low for me! I still have 26 days to lose the extra 2lbs to meet my goal and I definitely think it is possible! I am now not as focused on the weight number. I just want to continue to progress in looking and feeling well. I haven't been as great about logging calories, but with all the running I don't need to be. I also have a better knowledge of just how many calories are in things anyway. So that is the back story and the present day....so let the journey begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment